I heard me say the other day,
Sit down. We need to talk.
I need to let it out this way,
no use takin' a walk.
'Cause lately I have noticed
You're getting all dismayed
Have you had a change of heart?
That love's all ready to fade?
At times your eyes have so much pain,
At times your hands, too cold,
At times I know you float around;
too many thoughts you hold.
You always seem to do things wrong,
You say words that can hurt
sometimes a hug is all we need
No other thing to blurt
You say one thing you do not mean
You try to act all cool
But deep inside it hurts you so,
You cannot fool me, fool!
Is it just because you're stubborn
or your pride gets in the way?
No matter what the reason is -
It's love that makes you stay.
It's never about what you can get,
It's not some game you win,
You do not lose in reaching out;
and showing what's within
And so it was that afternoon
I had these things to say,
I took all in and listened well
what I told me that day.
-Angel 11.09.06
No comments:
Post a Comment