This is my first grocery shopping post.
I have been admiring posts of other bloggers where they document the amount of money they save by using coupons and deals in the store. It is such a fascinating thing that there are women out there who have mastered the science of stretching a buck : )
I use the commissary for my groceries and would compare prices with Food Lions and Publix for their weekly deals. The great thing about the commissary is they also have great deals that we just need to look out for so I usually go to the commissary first then decide to go to other groceries if I still have other items that I need to purchase.
I just started using the coupons last February. I was drawn to it because we don't have it back home and I thought I could save a few dollars by just finding the coupons I needed. (this was before i learned about the wonders of cvs and walgreens) so, my grocery savings started at 4% and I have slowly brought it up to 20%.
This is my latest tab.
4 swanson soup broth @ .86
used .40/4 cans
Alpine Lace Provolone sliced cheese @2.09
used $1/1 coupon
2 Giorgio mushroom @ .59
1 Capers @1.29
1 Post Cereal Trail Mix @2.00
used $2/1 cereal coupon
2 bags Ziploc Expandable bag @1.66
used BOGO Ziploc coupon from last 5/3
2 cans of Skippy Dog Food @.44
1 Florida Natural Orange Juice @3.89
2 Steamfresh Frozen Veggies @ 1.50
used $1/2 Frozen Veggie coupon
1 Frozen Pepper Stir-Fry @1.39
1lb Flounder Frozen Fish bag @2.69
1 lean pocket panini sandwich @2.56
used $.75/1 coupon
1 Digiorno Pizza Flatbread crust @4.50
used $1.25/1 printable coupon
1 DeliFresh Smoked Turkey (to be submitted to Rachael Ray for a tote bag : )) @2.25
1 Tyson Skinless, boneless Chix Breast @2.81
used $.50 store coupon
1 Ground Turkey @2.39
used .50 store coupon
1 Banana Boat SPF 50 with Aloe @6.01
used $1/1 coupon from 05/03
Tresemme Natural Shampoo @1.99
used $1/1 printable coupon
Tresemme Moisture Conditioner @1.99
used $1/1 printable coupon
.11lbs garlic @1.49/lb
1.72lbs banana @.54/lb
Plus: an ice cream cake for my aunt's bday party at $7.99
without coupons: $61.69
after coupons :49.63
Total Savings of 20%
* not in the picture the Alpine Lace Provolone Cheese and Oscar Mayer Roast Turkey lunchmeat.
That is seriously impressive! Are you sure this is your first grocery post? You seem like a pro!
ReplyDeletegreat job! I agree , you do seem like a pro:)
ReplyDeleteHi valerie, I'm learning :)
ReplyDeleteNow if I could only learn how to sew.
You're doing an amazing job making those dresses :)