I went to PetSmart's birthday party for dogs tonight.
I was so pleased that our party favor picture had our little dog smiling at the camera.
The dog treats in the goodie bag will definitely keep her behaved the next couple of days too.
I am still amazed at how different pets are treated in this side of the world.
Where I'm from, these four legged friends are more of guard dogs than family members.
Very often, they are just out in the yard and never get to leave the gated area they're in.
They eat. They sleep. They bark when they see a new face. No one needs to walk them around, and toys are the broken branches from the tree.
A few months after we got married, my hubby asked me if I wanted to rescue a dog. He said it would make him feel better that I have a companion around whenever he's out for work. It took us a few weeks of going to shelters until we fell inlove with this quiet little dog who was suffering from skin mange. We had no idea what breed she was and we were told that she's fussy with her food.
Fast forward two months, our puppy is still growing her hair and she chews everything she sees. (we figured this out less than a week after we rescued her)
FINICKY eater? (MY FOOT!) She has a healthy appetite and great energy. She gained 4lbs on her second week with us and 2lbs of that was just probably from the chewable bones. Life has never been the same....and I can't really complain.
During the party, we finally figured out what type of breed she was. We have ourselves a mix breed of papillon jack russell terrier. Papijack! Yup, its time for obedience school.
No comments:
Post a Comment